A Home Run – The Redux Builder

You know you’ve hit a home run when your business’s activity doubles within two months and support issues are reduce by nearly 1/3.  That’s what has happened with Redux since we launched the Redux Builder.

In early March, I conceived the idea to design a site that would auto-generate a Redux
build.  Actually, I wanted to build a fully-fledged panel builder like Option Tree, but with the sheer amount of options available with Redux, the time required would be intense…and then some.  Instead, I considered building a boilerplate generator for themes.  And what better theme than the ever powerful _s by Automattic?  I found their generator code and went to town, including a TGM integration, and a slew of Redux arguments.

Today, I am extremely pleased to announce we took the project it a step further.  We organized the arguments, gave descriptions, and links for each to our docs site.  We also made it so one could easily export to an admin folder instead of a theme.  This comes in handy for use in existing products and/or plugins.  Lastly, we’ve now made every Redux field completely independent.  As a result, you can generate a custom build of Redux Framework with your export!

Yes, you read that correctly!  You can make a custom Redux Framework build!  Since one of the biggest complaints about Redux has been its size, weighing in at 6mb for all (34+) fields, the Framework tends to be quite heavy.  Now, that’s a thing of the past.

We’re really excited about the new version of the Redux Builder.  Major props to team member @kprovance for making Redux fields completely modular.

If you haven’t tried the builder, you SHOULD.  It’s free.  It will save you time.  Oh, and it’s so very choice.

Just a gentle reminder, Redux lives by donations and our extensions.  So if you like the generator, please consider donating a small amount to the project.  You support us, and we’ll keep making cool things.

203
Tags
About The Author
Dovy Lead dev of Redux and all-around WP sensei.
20 Comments
  1. WPExplorer

I forgot my password to login 🙁 Waiting for the key for a few hours now, hopefully it comes soon. I can’t wait to test this bad boy out and slim things down!

Thanks!

1. reduxframework

Bah, I need to setup cron properly. You should have it now.

2. reduxframework

Found the issue. W3 Total Cache. Resolved. 😉

2. Miguel Angel Perez

I’ve registered and I cant login. I didn’t receive any confirmation email. The register process is automatic or you must send me a password?
    Thanks.

1. reduxframework

If you entered an email it should be automatic. I guess I can change to SMTP mailing, but I’m pretty sure it is sending out emails. I see proof of it daily.

Can you check your spam box?

1. Miguel Angel Perez

Nothing in my spam folder. Anyway, I’ve used another username and email and I’ve could create an account. It works now. I can login.
        I’m going to have a look right now.
        Thank you.

1. reduxframework

So odd. You are most welcome.

3. asheboro

Unable to register. Spinner spins but then goes away. Never get anything in my email, no error messages show either.

1. Mike Hancock

same here.. in the console:
      Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘error’ of null ——- scripts.min.js?ver=3.9.1:1100

1. reduxframework

Found the issue. W3 Total Cache. Resolved. 😉

You should be able to sign up now. Sorry about that.

1. Mike Hancock

Cool! thanks 🙂

1. Mike Hancock

still cant sign up unfortunately. this is with chrome… it just spins… and then nothing happens.

2. reduxframework

Can you Skype me? DovyDigital. I’d like to walk through it with you and make it happen.

3. reduxframework

Found the issue. W3 Total Cache. It’s resolved now. Please give it a go again.

2. reduxframework

Found the issue. W3 Total Cache. You can now sign up properly. Sorry about that.

4. Ace Corpuz

I am able to register but it does nothing whatever I click on. (See screenshot) – http://note.io/1pZXMAD I already tried different browsers

1. Dovy Paukstys

Add me on Skype: dovydigital. I’ll try to help.

5. laychinhan

Seems like not working, i tried and get this js error Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #redux_builder_laychinhan@gmail.com-args–update_notice

1. Dovy Paukstys

Hmm. Seems like you used a @ symbol in your username… Open a ticket on the issue tracker.

6. Ace Corpuz

I can log in now btw 🙂 will try using it now